Smoothie bowls are easy to whip up and contain plenty of antioxidants, heart-healthy fats, vitamin C, and fiber. The main ingredient is acai (or pronounced ah-sigh-ee), a Brazilian berry loaded with antioxidants that helps protect the body from chronic diseases. Enjoy!
- 1 large banana (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp acai berry power
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- 1 small ripe banana (frozen)
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (or plant-based milk)
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (almond, peanut, cashew, or hazelnut)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder of choice* (optional)
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp chia or sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Sliced kiwi fruit or mixed berries
- In a blender, add the frozen banana, berries, acai powder and half of the milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and protein powder (optional), and blend until a smooth, soft consistency is formed.
- Place the mixture into 2 serving bowls and add desired toppings.