Craving something sweet? This dark choc raspberry bark is packed full of antioxidants and is the perfect treat if you are gluten free, paleo, grain-free or trying cut out refined sugar. Super easy to make and only requires 3 simple ingredients. Enjoy!
- 200g dark chocolate (70% or higher)
- ¼ cup salted, shelled pistachios or hazelnuts (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup freeze-dried raspberries (chopped)
- Chop up the chocolate, nuts and raspberries and set each aside separately.
- Heat the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave at half power for 30-40 seconds. Stir gently until the chocolate has melted or reached a smooth consistency.
- Pour the melted chocolate over a flat baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread into an even layer.
- Quickly sprinkle the nuts, and raspberries over the chocolate while it’s still hot.
- Allow the chocolate to set, then break into shards.
- Place into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can substitute the pistachio nuts for almonds or cashews and add other freeze-dried fruit such as blueberries or mango.
If you don’t have dark chocolate, you can also use white or milk chocolate for a more indulgent chocolate bark.
Try this post-workout treat after your favorite GOFA cardio workout or after dinner to help satisfy those sugar cravings.