Buddha bowls are a simple, plant-based meal that brings together an array of fresh vegetables, healthy whole grains, lean protein, and topped with a tasty dressing. A great go-to recipe that can be put together in just 30 minutes, and we love it cause it’s healthy. Served hot or cold, it’s completely up to you!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach or kale, shredded
- 2 cups yellow zucchini, sliced into halves
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and spiralized
- 1 medium beet, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup toasted seeds
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (425 F).
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- To prepare the dressing, blend everything until smooth.
- Cut up the zucchini, carrot, and beet and set aside.
- To assemble your buddha bowl, place the cooked quinoa on the bottom, and layer on top with the kale, zucchini, beet, sliced avocado, sweet potato, and mixed seeds. Top with the tahini dressing and add salt & pepper to taste.
Notes: Get creative! Throw in any leftover veggies from your fridge, roast some chickpeas in the oven, or pan fry some fresh tofu or falafel patties for extra protein.
Here at GOFA we are all about balance, make sure you check out our tasty recipes on our weekly blog.
GOFA can help you enjoy the benefits of exercise with our wide range of workouts and running sessions. Download Now!