One of our favorite ways to start the day is with a classic overnight oats recipe. Packed full of protein, good fats, and smart carbs, it will keep you feeling full from morning until lunch. By soaking the ingredients overnight, this improves digestibility and allows the body to absorb more nutrients.
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup milk (or your choice of plant-based milk)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- ½ banana, chopped
- 2 Tbsp walnuts or almonds
- 2 Tbsp Greek or coconut yogurt
- The night before – In a large bowl, add the whole rolled oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, seeds, honey, salt, water, and milk, stir well. Cover the bowl and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning – transfer the oat mixture into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the creamy porridge into a serving bowl and add the toppings (can be also kept in the fridge and served cold as a post-workout snack).
This power porridge is the perfect pre workout breakfast before your GOFA fitness HIIT workout.