Packed full of nutrients, fresh veggies, whole grains, and low sugar, these Superhero muffins are designed for all you superheroes out there. A great, go-to easy bake that you can do at home and store away in the freezer for later (without the guilt). Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (or gluten-free)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins, optional
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 85 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 zucchini)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Grease a 12-cup standard muffin tin with butter, oil, or paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients – almond meal, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, eggs, and butter. Fold in the grated zucchini, carrots, and chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, so the mixture is three-quarters full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the muffins are nicely browned on top.
- Allow muffins to cool and then store in an airtight container in the fridge or in the freezer.
Makes 10-12 muffins
GOFA can help you enjoy the benefits of exercise with our wide range of workouts and running sessions. Download Now!