Snuggle up this winter with this creamy vegetarian soup. A great starter for a dinner party or everyday lunch, served with salad and garlic bread. Packed full of fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin A, you can store this soup in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- A few sprigs of fresh herbs, such as chives, oregano & coriander
- 1 liter organic vegetable stock or broth
- 125 ml coconut milk, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh garlic bread or dinner rolls
- In a large pot, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Saute until brown.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and grated ginger. Stir occasionally for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, and apple cider vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil and then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly. Pour into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with fresh herbs, lime juice & a splash of coconut milk.
- Serve with garlic bread or dinner rolls.