Partnered workouts can be a great way to take your training to the next level, have some fun and break a sweat. If you need some motivation and workout ideas, look no further. GOFA’s got you covered. Grab your partner for this 20 minute, full-body, bodyweight workout!
It’s no secret that working out has great benefits for your physical and mental health. Doing it with someone you love adds even more perks into the mix, including:
- More motivation
- Built-in accountability
- Increased serotonin (feel-good hormones)
- Higher calorie burn
- Drive to reach your goals faster.
Preparing for your workout:
- You need an exercise mat, water bottle and your favorite pal
- Clear some space so that two mats can fit beside each other
- Remember to focus on your form and to take your time with each movement
- Motivate and cheer for each other
- Have fun!
Partner bodyweight workout
Each exercise will last 40 seconds, followed by 15 seconds of rest. Repeat the circuit three times.
Inchworm to handclaps
- Begin with your mats facing each other, end to end.
- Start at the back of your mat, bend your knees and crawl your hands towards each other until you’re in a plank position.
- Keeping your plank position, transfer your weight to the left hand and clap the other hand with your partner’s. Repeat this on the right side.
- Bend your knees and crawl your hands back to the starting position, keeping your feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Repeat for 40 seconds.
- Start by standing and facing your partner with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and hips, just as you would if you were sitting back in a chair.
- Stay bending until the top part of your legs is parallel to the floor. Be sure to keep your knees in line with your toes, and make sure that your chest is up.
- Press into your heels, squeeze your butt, and jump up, propelling yourself off the floor
- Reach your arms up and give your partner a high ten at the top.
- Do as many of these as you can in 40 seconds.
Push up and shoulder taps
- Get into a high plank position with your knees on the floor. Keep your arms out in front of you with your hands underneath your chest, just slightly wider than shoulder-width (you can also come up onto your toes and lift your knees off the floor for a more challenging set).
- Keep your back straight, and your abdominals tucked in strong while you lower your upper body towards the floor with your elbows bent at 90 degrees.
- With your eyes focused forward, push your hands into the floor and return to your starting position.
- Keeping your body stable, transfer your weight to the left hand and tap your left shoulder with the right hand, then repeat on the other side.
- Try to keep your stomach muscles braced the entire time – this will help your body stay in a straight, neutral position.
- Repeat for the next 40 seconds
Back to back side plank
- Place your mats side by side on the floor.
- Lay down on your right side, in a back-to-back position.
- Keep your legs extended and stacked in line with your hips and feet.
- Your elbows should be directly under your shoulder. Be sure to keep your head in line with your spine.
- Engage your abdominal muscles, drawing your navel towards your spine.
- Lift your hips and knees up from the mat, keeping your torso in a straight line.
- Reach your opposite hand up and hold the position for 40 seconds.
- After several breaths, inhale and return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side.
Burpee and partner jumps
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your chest up as you bend at the hips and knees, bringing your hands to the floor.
- Step or jump your feet back, moving your body into a plank position – make sure that your hips are in line with your spine.
- Reverse the motion and step or jump your feet towards your hands, keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Jump or stand up, reaching your hands into the air towards your partner for a high ten, before jumping back into starting position.
- Repeat this process as many times as you can in 40 seconds.
Sit-ups and high 5’s
- Begin with both of you lying on your backs with your knees bent.
- Hook your feet together.
- Place your hands behind your head, brace the abdominal muscles and draw your belly button down towards your spine.
- At the same time, lift your head and shoulder blades off the floor and lift your body up towards your partner.
- Bring both hands forward to give your partner a high ten at the top.
- Slowly release the body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for 40 seconds.
GOFA can help enhance your home workouts with our wide range of on-demand fitness classes and running sessions. Try one of our home workouts such as Complete Cardio, Total Body Tabata, or Bodyweight Fire Up. Download Now!