Short on time? These tasty fritters are quick & easy to make and only need 8 simple ingredients. Zucchini provides us with a good source of vitamin C, B6 & A, as well as folate and fiber to help support our digestive system. This recipe can also be adapted and enjoyed as gluten-free.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut off the cob
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup wholemeal or gluten free flour
- Handful of fresh chives, finely minced
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- 1 tsp olive or coconut oil, for frying
- 2 lemon wedges, for serving
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the water with a paper towel. Place into a bowl.
- Add the corn, eggs, flour, chives, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat. Pour oil into the pan so that a thin layer of oil covers the bottom. Continue to heat the pan until the oil is shimmering, then add scoops (about ½ cup) of zucchini batter to the oil. Try not to crowd the pan with too many scoops.
- Using your spatula, gently press down on the batter while it’s frying to flatten out the fritters. Fry on one side for about 2-4 minutes, then flip and fry the other side for another 2-4 minutes. Remove the zucchini fritters that are firm to the touch and golden brown and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Continue frying in batches until all of the batter is gone. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and a side salad.
Here at GOFA we are all about balance, make sure you check out our tasty recipes on our weekly blog.
GOFA can help you enjoy the benefits of exercise with our wide range of workouts and running sessions. Download Now!