Short on time? These tasty fritters are quick & easy to make and only need 8 simple ingredients. Zucchini provides us with a good source of vitamin C, B6 & A, as well as folate and fiber to help support our digestive system. This recipe can also be adapted and enjoyed as gluten-free.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut off the cob
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup wholemeal or gluten free flour
- Handful of fresh chives, finely minced
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- 1 tsp olive or coconut oil, for frying
- 2 lemon wedges, for serving
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the water with a paper towel. Place into a bowl.
- Add the corn, eggs, flour, chives, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat. Pour oil into the pan so that a thin layer of oil covers the bottom. Continue to heat the pan until the oil is shimmering, then add scoops (about ½ cup) of zucchini batter to the oil. Try not to crowd the pan with too many scoops.
- Using your spatula, gently press down on the batter while it’s frying to flatten out the fritters. Fry on one side for about 2-4 minutes, then flip and fry the other side for another 2-4 minutes. Remove the zucchini fritters that are firm to the touch and golden brown and transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Continue frying in batches until all of the batter is gone. Serve immediately with lemon wedges and a side salad.